K.K.I.P. Power Sdn Bhd was incorporated on 10th October 1996 with an objective to supplement the K.K.I.P. Sdn Bhd who had spearheaded the Government’s industrialization program in implementation of the Kota Kinabalu Industrial Park (KKIP); a new Industrial Park covering some 3,600 Hectares of integrated developments of industrial zone, commercial and exhibition centres, learning institutes and skill training centres, residential and recreation/tourism areas.
The Company is licensed under Section 9 of Malaysia Electricity Supply Act 1990; the license has a 21-year concession period effect from 15th June 1998. The Company assumed duties on the 2nd January 1999.
The Company is the sole electricity supply utility responsible for transmission, distribution and reticulation of electricity in the KKIP.
Company Corporate Mission
To provide a reliable and adequate electricity supply infrastructure, efficient and friendly customer services at reasonable price to continuously support the growth of the Kota Kinabalu Industrial Park.
Company Main Charter
In the interests of the customers, the society, and the state and nation as a whole, our full commitment is to:-
- Provide quality electricity safely, adequately, and at reasonable price.
- Provide prompt, systematic, and friendly services at all times.
- Endeavour to continuously improve quality of supply and services.
- Be sensitive to the needs of society and the environment.
- Encourage the growth of electricity related business enterprises, towards the industrial needs of the state and nation.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Electricity Supply Act 1990 and the procedures therein, as well as the terms and conditions of the K.K.I.P. Power Sdn Bhd licence.